Here are our top Armour Junction Hotspots.
1. Head over to SweetWater Brewing. It’s a mere one mile from Armour Junction so there’s no excuse. I recommend their SweetWater Georgia Brown Ale. You can taste caramel and chocolate malt without it being overwhelming. They are also very community oriented and raise funds for the Atlanta Humane Society and The Giving Kitchen, among others. Address: 195 Ottley Drive, Atlanta, Georgia 30324
2. Premade Paleo is a great fit if you’re into being healthy for the new year or just cutting down on sugars and starches. You can stop in here and pick up ready-to-go meals for anytime of the day. It’s nice to not have to rush to make dinner once I am home. I stop here before I hop onto I-85. Address: 442 Plasters Ave NE, Atlanta, GA 30324
3. Midtown Bowl – Only a 13 minute from the office and they have one of the most extensive beer lists we’ve ever seen at most bars, not to mention a bowling alley. The Patty Melt is among the best we’ve tasted too. Especially during the hot summer months, it can be nice to spend some time indoors knocking down some pins!
Address: 1936 Piedmont Cir NE, Atlanta, GA 30324
4. CamiCakes – Only 10 minutes from the office, the cupcakes here have replaced the sheet cake as Epicity’s preferred birthday treat. They have 26 varieties so there’s a flavor suited to even the pickiest of eaters. Peanut Butter and Jelly usually goes quickly as does Mint Chocolate. They only use organic ingredients so you don’t get any chemical taste like the ones at a supermarket.
Address: 2221 Peachtree St NW, Atlanta, GA 30309
5. Grindhouse Killer Burgers – A five-drive or an 18 minute walk and you’ll arrive here. A local Emory grad started this restaurant in 2011 and they serve “Boozy Shakes” not that you’ll have room for one after you finish one of their burgers. If you have a co-worker who doesn’t eat meat – they even have Vegan options.
Address:1842 Piedmont Ave NE, Atlanta, GA 30324