Marketing commercial office space can be a very daunting task. So many different factors contribute to the overall success of an office park including pricing, quality and amenities. Each factor has a significant impact on how well your property performs. But even if you have priced the property perfectly, made amazing renovations and upgraded the overall infrastructure of the office park, you still need businesses and organizations to sign leases and fill the space.
At EpiCity we have a team of marketing professionals dedicated to promoting our clients’ properties and generating new leads. Our diligent marketing efforts, extensive industry experience and trustworthy reputation contribute to our success in the greater Atlanta commercial real estate market. Below are 5 tips to think about when marketing a commercial property.
- Get Discovered. Potential tenants cannot find your commercial space if they do not know your space is available! Discovery is a very important piece of the marketing puzzle and is an integral step to filling available space. Much of the discovery process is done online these days so it is important to show up in areas potential tenants are looking. Helpful sites include CoStar, Loopnet, Craigslist, and Google. However, not all discovery happens online. We consistently attract great leads through other methods including clear and well-placed signage at the property and personal networking.
- Tell Your Story. Commercial office space does not have to be boring! Your commercial space has advantages that set it apart from the competition. We help our clients determine those qualities and create a presence that showcases them. For example, at Wall Street Conyers, a property we manage, we hosted a Chamber of Commerce endorsed Ribbon Cutting event that showcased the property and the advantages of moving a business there. Aside from the event we created a short video so people for years to come will be able to experience the event! Other ways to tell your property’s story are through blogs and news.
- Share the Love. At EpiCity we seize every every opportunity to help our clients and their tenants succeed at the same time. Whether we are writing a post about a new tenant on the property’s website or submitting an article to the news media, we are helping all parties involved get their message out. For example, check out this great article picked up by the Newton Citizen promoting our client as well as the great small businesses that call Wall Street Conyers home.
- Get Social. There is plenty of opportunity to be social in the commercial real estate marketplace. We use a variety of social avenues to help spread the word about a commercial asset including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Take for example LinkedIn. By adding our clients’ properties to LinkedIn and connecting with Atlanta area professionals we are increasing the exposure of our clients’ assets. Click here to follow EpiCity on LinkedIn or click here to connect with EpiCity’s Tom Stokes!
- Stay in Touch. Commercial real estate leases don’t happen overnight. It often takes time before a potential tenant inquires directly about a property. Most of the time this is after hours, days or weeks of research. This is ok. It’s all part of the process. We use tools like social media, email marketing and old-fashioned public relations to continually reach out and remind people we are here for them when they need us. A company or organization may be over a year away from moving to a new office space so it is important to keep in contact.
As you can see, there is a lot to consider when it comes to commercial real estate leasing. At EpiCity we facilitate more “touch points”, contacts, and impressions than any other company to create a noticeable presence for your assets in the greater Atlanta area commercial real estate market. Please give us a call or email us to learn more about how we can help you sell or lease your commercial real estate asset efficiently, effectively and (almost) effortlessly.