Commercial asset management is a multifaceted job that demands meticulous attention to numerous details simultaneously. One detail that can’t be overlooked is routine maintenance. Keeping up with maintenance may be one of the most important contributors to a solid bottom line, and deferring maintenance tasks compounds costs by approximately 7% for each year that it is neglected.
Aside from having a responsive and trusted maintenance team at your disposal for issues that occur in real-time, it’s also important to work with them to schedule routine maintenance tasks for proactive property upkeep. While this can be a tedious step, it’s an essential one! Taking the time to do this will help your property avoid larger, more costly repairs down the road.
Maintenance Tasks for a Commercial Property
- Roof Inspections and Maintenance: Regular roof inspections are imperative for safeguarding your property from the elements. Atlanta’s varying weather conditions can take a toll on roofs over time! By scheduling routine checks and promptly addressing issues, you can prevent leaks and ensure the structural integrity of your buildings.
- Landscaping and Exterior Upkeep: Curb appeal plays a massive role in attracting tenants and maintaining property value. Well-maintained landscaping enhances the overall aesthetic, creating a welcoming environment. Regular lawn care, tree trimming, and exterior cleaning are essential tasks that shouldn’t be neglected. In addition, chipping paint is something that happens to every property—make sure to schedule periodic exterior painting touch-ups to keep your property looking fresh.
- HVAC System Maintenance: Ensuring regular inspections and timely filter changes for your property’s HVAC system will help optimize your business’s energy efficiency and indoor air quality. Regular maintenance on your HVAC system can also help reduce the risk of breakdowns by as much as 95%.
- Pest Control and Prevention: One thing that will scare potential tenants away (as well as infringe upon current tenant experiences) is out-of-control pest problems. Regular pest inspections and preventive measures are essential to keeping infestations at bay. By identifying and addressing potential pest entry points, you can maintain a clean and comfortable environment for your staff and tenants to enjoy.
- Parking Lot Maintenance: If your property includes a parking lot, it’s crucial to keep it in good condition. Regular maintenance, including pothole repairs, striping, and proper signage, ensures a safe and organized parking area for tenants and visitors.
- Common Area Maintenance: In multi-unit properties, common areas are shared spaces that leave a lasting impression while attracting new residents. Regular cleaning, maintaining common amenities like elevators and stairwells, and ensuring proper lighting contribute to tenant satisfaction and a positive living experience.
Experienced Commercial Asset Management Professionals
Balancing these maintenance tasks (among many others!) is pivotal for the success of your Atlanta commercial asset management efforts. Proactively addressing these maintenance tasks enhances both property value and appeal. It will foster a comfortable and well-maintained environment for your tenants.
As seasoned Atlanta property management professionals, we know that every property has unique needs. Contact us today, and we will craft a commercial asset management plan to address those idiosyncrasies accordingly.